If you are facing debts that you are unable to pay, Boudreaux Law Firm can help you with a full range of bankruptcy options and help you travel through the winding road toward financial freedom. Most people do not fully understand the complications and the extent of the law behind bankruptcy issues. Boudreaux Law Firm is here to help our clients learn what they need to know to find the most successful, long lasting, and positive path toward debt relief.
At Boudreaux Law Firm we use our specialized expertise to give our clients exceptional, personalized service. With over 20 years of combined experience with bankruptcy law, we offer clients exactly what they need.
- Debt Consolidation Companies – It is in your best interest to thoroughly investigate debt consolidation companies before hiring them for help with your debt relief. Many lawsuits are pending against several debt consolidation companies, and it is important to understand exactly what you are getting into before you pay any retainer fees.
- Landlord and Tennant Issues in Bankruptcy – If you are the landlord or you are the tenant, and there are issues with payments in rent being received, there are many different sides of the law that you must be aware of. Nothing is as simple as "just making someone pay" because of the extensive laws protecting tenants. However, tenants are responsible for their committed payments, and landlords need expert representation.
- Bankruptcy Issues Related to Military Personnel – Military personnel have the same right to file for bankruptcy relief as civilians. However, it is important to understand that filing for bankruptcy while on active duty has the potential to affect your security clearance.
- Effect of bankruptcy on the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act (SCRA) – SCRA provides legal relief to military personnel who are in danger of foreclosure. Servicemembers are entitled to certain protections from the foreclosure of mortgage obligations before and after active duty.
- Effects of filing bankruptcy on security clearances – Outstanding debt and filing for bankruptcy can jeopardize your security clearance. Determinations regarding security clearances are made on a case by case basis. Prior to filing, you should understand how your security clearance will or will not be adversely affected by your bankruptcy.
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation about your case.